VENEZUELA: Cargill 3rd party strategy takes shape
Cargill is poised to begin distributing Del Monte juice in Venezuela, according to press reports.
El Universal newspaper said yesterday that Cargill will distribute Del Monte products to wholesalers, supermarkets and bakeries throughout the country as part of a strategy to sell products from third parties.
"The distribution of products from third parties is a particular business, which we treat in a special way," the paper quoted Cargill's general manager, Marcial Mendoza, as saying.
"Each alliance is like a franchise for us," he added.
According to the report, Cargill will distribute Del Monte juice in cartons, glass containers and cans under the arrangement.
Sectors: Soft drinks
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- US craft beer to hit saturation soon - Koch
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends