US: Captain Morgan Super Bowl appeal falls flat
Captain Morgan said before Sunday's game, between the Pittsburgh Steelers and Arizona Cardinals, that any player striking the 'Captain's pose' depicted on its bottles would receive US$10,000 to give to a charity of their choice.
However, a spokesperson told just-drinks today (2 February) that "unfortunately, no player did the pose".
Captain Morgan had offered to give a maximum of US$50,000.
This month, Carolyn Panzer took up the position of corporate social responsibility director at Diageo, expanding her former remit as alcohol and responsibility director to cover all areas of Diageo's ...
United Spirit's first quarter results this week might have one wondering what all the fuss is about with the current economic downturn....
United Spirits has reported strong rises in sales and profits for its fiscal first quarter and has confirmed its plan to raise a further US$300m to pay down debts....
Trade unions estimate that 20,000 people marched through the streets of Kilmarnock last weekend, to protest against proposed job cuts by Diageo....
The British Beer & Pub Association (BBPA) has issued a "hands off " warning to beer keg thieves....
News that Diageo is attempting to disentangle its operations in Tanzania from SABMiller is another indication of Africa's rising prominence in the minds of multinational brewers....
A campaign against the closure of Diageo's Johnnie Walker bottling plant in Scotland could have an effect on the Scottish economy, according to CBI Scotland....
Scottish spirits company The Edrington Group is launching a nationwide sampling campaign this summer for its Brugal rum brand....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- SABMiller beer volumes fall as China holds back Q3
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future