US: Capital Wine & Spirits snaps up Penn distributor
A member of the Charmer Sunbelt Group has acquired a distributor in Pennsylvania.
Capital Wine & Spirits confirmed late last week that it has completed the purchase of Bartolomeo Pio in the state, for an undisclosed sum. Bartolomeo will continue to be led by president and CEO Kevin Karcher, while Bart Pio has been appointed chairman.
"The acquisition of Pio will further enhance Capital's current core competencies through the integration of the sales and management teams," said Joe Davolio, executive vice president of sales and marketing for Charmer Sunbelt. "Pio will contribute to increasing Capital's effectiveness in the marketplace, with improved structure that will embrace the very best systems and associates."
Kevin Karcher added: "Capital is committed to delivering superior analytic focus, dynamic marketing expertise, and exceptional sales and financial management to our suppliers and customers. The addition of Pio will strengthen and invigorate Capital's highly specialised, channel-specific go-to-market strategy. Teaming up with Pio's talent pool will further advance our capabilities as an organisation."
Charmer Sunbelt is a combination of affiliated, independent companies operating in 16 US states, as well as the District of Columbia.
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future