US: Capital Wine & Spirits snaps up Penn distributor
A member of the Charmer Sunbelt Group has acquired a distributor in Pennsylvania.
Capital Wine & Spirits confirmed late last week that it has completed the purchase of Bartolomeo Pio in the state, for an undisclosed sum. Bartolomeo will continue to be led by president and CEO Kevin Karcher, while Bart Pio has been appointed chairman.
"The acquisition of Pio will further enhance Capital's current core competencies through the integration of the sales and management teams," said Joe Davolio, executive vice president of sales and marketing for Charmer Sunbelt. "Pio will contribute to increasing Capital's effectiveness in the marketplace, with improved structure that will embrace the very best systems and associates."
Kevin Karcher added: "Capital is committed to delivering superior analytic focus, dynamic marketing expertise, and exceptional sales and financial management to our suppliers and customers. The addition of Pio will strengthen and invigorate Capital's highly specialised, channel-specific go-to-market strategy. Teaming up with Pio's talent pool will further advance our capabilities as an organisation."
Charmer Sunbelt is a combination of affiliated, independent companies operating in 16 US states, as well as the District of Columbia.
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- How soft drinks can exploit alcohol's loss
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- Diageo job cut figures "likely overstated"
- Diageo investment paying off for Captain Morgan
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends