US: Cape Classics turns to France to satisfy Chenin Blanc demand
Cape Classics said Chenin Blanc sales have increased
Cape Classics will start importing two French wine brands to the US, the first labels from outside its South African base.
Loire Valley's Domaine Vincent Carême and Clos du Gaimont will go on sale from July, Cape Classics said last week. The move aims to take advantage of increased demand for Chenin Blanc in the US, the New York-based importer said.
“We’ve made significant progress teaching the market about Chenin, and adding expert Vouvray producers Domaine Vincent Carême and Clos du Gaimont will only help to expand that message,” said Cape Classics president & COO Robert Bradshaw.
Chenin Blanc sales have jumped by 60% since 2010 in the US, Cape Classics said.
The company will import Vincent Carême's Les Clos 2008 and Le Peu Morier 2011 - both with an SRP of US$39.99 - and Clos du Gaimont's 2012 Vouvray and 2012 La Monaco - both with an SRP of $19.99.
Last week, the head of South Africa's wine trade body, Wines of South Africa, said she is stepping down. Su Birch has been with the trade organisation for 13 years.
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- SABMiller's Q1 Sales Performance by Region
- Are Big Spirits Companies Failing to Innovate?
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global business development head to quit Diageo
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- just the Winners - IWSC Spirits Trophy Winners
- Suntory sells Louis Royer Cognac for US$110m
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research