REPUBLIC OF IRELAND: Cantrell & Cochrane acquires Findlater wine
No financial details of the deal were disclosed but with profits thought to be in excess of £1m industry sources have said that it is likely C&C paid around £16m (US$17.2m) for the family run wine group, a report in the Irish Times stated.
Tony O'Brien, managing director of C&C told the paper that the addition of Findlater's 5-6% share of the Irish wine market would increase C&C's market share in wine to 18-19% and make it the State's biggest wine distributor. Wine consumption in Ireland has an annual average growth of 15%.
Findlater's main wine agencies include Penfolds, Conchay Toro, Bouchard, Baron Philippe de Rothschild, Vinfruco, Marques de Riscal, Veuve Cliquot and Krug Champagne brands.
C&C, whose main agencies are Moreau, Calvet, Rosemount, Nicolas, Hugel, Chapoutier, Goldener Oktober and Pommery Champagne, is also believed to be one of four potential bidders for UK soft drinks giant, Britvic which analysts estimate could be valued at £400m.
Britvic is owned by the holding company Britannia, in which Bass, Whitbread and Allied Domecq are shareholders.
As Pernod Ricard, Allied Domecq and Fortune Brands close in on the biggest drinks industry deal since the sale of Seagram, opinion about how the deal will be structured and who stands to win and lose ...
Cautious optimism is probably the best way to describe today's press reaction to Pernod's friendly bid for Allied Domecq....
Spirits firm Allied Domecq has agreed to a takeover bid from smaller rival Pernod Ricard, subject to agreement from Allied shareholders....
Allied Domecq last night accepted Pernod Ricard's offer to buy the UK-based drinks giant....
Allied Domecq today delivered a 7% increase in first half group profits before tax to £285m. Earnings per share were up 7% to 19.2p, turnover that was flat at £1,700m....
Drinks producer and distributor Todhunter International has said that its controlling shareholder, CL Financial, is interested in acquiring some of the brands of Allied Domecq that may become availabl...
Pernod Ricard has had its rating raised....
Allied Domecq has added a new flavour to its Malibu range. The company said yesterday that it would be launching Malibu Passion Fruit in the US from April 15....
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018