AUSTRIA: Cannabis iced tea to launch in UK
Austrian company Thurella is launching its iced tea drink into the UK functional drinks market.
Called C-ICE, the drink features black tea with added hemp blossom syrup and a minute extract (0.0015%) of hemp bloom, aka cannabis.
Harinder Kohli, Marketing Director explains: "Hemp is loaded with enzymes, vitamins and minerals. Its protein content, amino acids, omega oils and gamma linolenic acid make C-ICE a simply extraordinary little pick-me-up."
The drink comes in a 250ml orange cardboard can. Graphics feature the marijuana leaf. Launch activity will centre on sampling events across the UK, plus a low-key grass-roots sponsorship programme.
Sectors: Soft drinks
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future