USA: Canandaigua stockholders Approve Name Change to Constellation
Canandaigua Brands, Inc. (NYSE: CDB and CDB.B), announced today that its stockholders have approved the Company's name change to Constellation Brands, Inc. The name change, which will become effective September 19, 2000, was approved at a special meeting of stockholders held today. Commencing on September 20, 2000, Constellation's ticker symbols on the New York Stock Exchange will change to STZ for the Company's Class A Common Stock and STZ.B for its Class B Common Stock.Commenting on the name change to Constellation, Richard Sands, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer, noted: "The change of our corporate name to Constellation signifies a new and exciting chapter in our history, one that is reinforced by the growth and expansion in products we have enjoyed over the past several years. We are excited about the opportunities we see ahead."The Constellation Companies -- Barton, Canandaigua Wine, Franciscan Estates and Matthew Clark -- will retain their names and current operating structure.The new Constellation Brands, Inc., headquartered in Fairport, New York, is a leader in the production, marketing, and distribution of beverage alcohol products in North America and the United Kingdom. The company markets leading brands of imported beers, wines, spirits, cider and bottled water, and is a leading drinks wholesaler in the United Kingdom.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Craft, imports near 50% share in US on-trade
- Beam Suntory's Laphroaig Brodir - NPD
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts