USA: Canandaigua stockholders Approve Name Change to Constellation
Canandaigua Brands, Inc. (NYSE: CDB and CDB.B), announced today that its stockholders have approved the Company's name change to Constellation Brands, Inc. The name change, which will become effective September 19, 2000, was approved at a special meeting of stockholders held today. Commencing on September 20, 2000, Constellation's ticker symbols on the New York Stock Exchange will change to STZ for the Company's Class A Common Stock and STZ.B for its Class B Common Stock.Commenting on the name change to Constellation, Richard Sands, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer, noted: "The change of our corporate name to Constellation signifies a new and exciting chapter in our history, one that is reinforced by the growth and expansion in products we have enjoyed over the past several years. We are excited about the opportunities we see ahead."The Constellation Companies -- Barton, Canandaigua Wine, Franciscan Estates and Matthew Clark -- will retain their names and current operating structure.The new Constellation Brands, Inc., headquartered in Fairport, New York, is a leader in the production, marketing, and distribution of beverage alcohol products in North America and the United Kingdom. The company markets leading brands of imported beers, wines, spirits, cider and bottled water, and is a leading drinks wholesaler in the United Kingdom.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- The global tailwinds behind Heineken - Analysis
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- US craft beer to hit saturation soon - Koch
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends