USA: Canandaigua Brands Reports Record First Quarter Results
Canandaigua Brands, Inc., today reported net income of $18 million for the three months ended May 31, 2000 ("First Quarter 2001"), an increase of 26 percent over net income of $14 million for the three months ended May 31, 1999 ("First Quarter 2000"), excluding the after-tax impact of nonrecurring charges of approximately $3 million taken in First Quarter 2000. Earnings per share on a diluted basis grew by 25 percent to $0.96 per share versus First Quarter 2000 earnings per share of $0.77, excluding the after-tax impact of nonrecurring charges. Net income and earnings per share including nonrecurring charges were $11 million and $0.59, respectively, for First Quarter 2000.Richard Sands, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Canandaigua Brands, said, "We continue to deliver top line growth across multiple businesses which is contributing positively to our performance. The success of our recent acquisition strategy is clearly demonstrated in our results as we once again reported record sales and profits. Industry dynamics continue to look favorable, and in particular, demand for beer and fine wines is still strong after recent price increases. Our healthy cash flow is further strengthening the balance sheet, positioning the Company to continue our track record of double-digit earnings growth."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends