USA: Canandaigua Brands Inc. Announces Name Change to Constellation Brands, Inc.
The Constellation Companies - Barton, Canandaigua Wine, Franciscan Estates and Matthew Clark - will retain their names and current operating structure, enabling the companies to maintain their closeness to their respective customers and markets to enable quick response to changing market conditions.
The company, with annual gross sales exceeding $3 billion, has grown from $213 million in gross sales in 1991, which represents an average annual compound growth rate of 35 percent.
"The new name, serves as a more apt description of a company that has grown in both the breadth and depth of its product lines as well as its geographic reach," said Richard Sands, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer. "Through our diversified, balanced portfolio of leading brands, we bring consumers in the U.S., Canada and the U.K. a number of leading brands, enabling the company to meet their tastes and preferences across several market and demographic sectors. The company has experienced dramatic expansion in size and profitability over the past several years. We intend to continue this positive pattern through a combination of internal growth and acquisitions, all supported by our Constellation Companies, brands and people who provide us with the stability, market presence and customer responsiveness that have made us one of the premier companies in our industry."
Leading U.S. and Canadian brands include:
- Corona Extra, No.1 imported beer
- Arbor Mist, No.1 fruit-flavored varietal wine
- Almaden, No.2 box wine
- St. Pauli Girl, No.2 imported German beer
- Montezuma, No.2 tequila
- Black Velvet, No.3 Canadian whisky
- Paul Masson Grande Amber, No.3 brandy
In addition, Franciscan Estates, whose estates include Estancia, Franciscan Oakville Estate, Mount Veeder, Quintessa, Simi and Veramonte, is among the top five fine wine companies in the U.S.
Leading U.K. brands include:
- Stowells of Chelsea, No.1 wine
- Blackthorn, No.2 in mainstream cider
- Diamond White, No.1 fashion cider
- QC, No.1 fortified British wine
- Strathmore, No.1 in bottled sparkling water
Canandaigua Brands, Inc., headquartered in Fairport, New York, is a leader in the production, marketing, and distribution of beverage alcohol products in North America and the United Kingdom. The company markets leading brands of imported beers, wines, spirits, cider and bottled water, and is a leading drinks wholesaler in the United Kingdom. The company can be found on the Internet at http://www.cbrands.com.
Companies: Constellation Brands
The Hardy Wine Company has posted a record grape harvest....
Constellation Brands is to launch a new Australian wine brand onto the US market through its North Lake Wines. The wine will be called Kelly's Revenge....
Alcohol intake amongst young female adults in the UK continues to rise and shows no signs of abating, according to a recent report....
Cobra Beer has launched an alcohol-free beer in South Africa, the UK and in its European and Asian export markets....
Yesterday we ran a story that innaccurately gave details of plans by Constellation Brands to make job cuts at Robert Mondavi. In fact the cuts have already been made and the details of the restructuri...
Constellation has released details of the salaries for its leading executives next year....
The equity analyst Legg Mason has raised its fiscal 2006 EPS targets for the US drinks group Constellation Brands to US$3.18 from US$3.12, saying it believed the company's attractive growth profile re...
Constellation Brands has reported record net sales and net income for its full year, despite a tough fourth quarter, in which it was hit by acquisition costs....
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- How has craft beer put the squeeze on world beers?
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Consumers want brands that challenge them - study
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Heineken signs JV deal in Philippines
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends