USA: Canandaigua Brands Executive & Noted Brand Builder Moves to Join Investors in Buy-out of Genesee Brewing Co
Genesee Corporation (Nasdaq: GENBB) announced August 29 that the Special Committee of the Board of Directors, formed to consider strategic alternatives for the Corporation's brewing business, approved an agreement to sell the brewing business in a management buy-out led by Samuel T. Hubbard, Jr., President and Chief Executive Officer of the Corporation.
In addition to his equity position in the Genesee Brewing Company, Jacobson also will serve as Senior Vice President, Chief Marketing Officer responsible for marketing and sales. "This is an exciting opportunity for me," said Jacobson, "to participate in building a new company and develop marketing strategies that will bring the company to a strong and profitable position. I am pleased that I will have the opportunity to work with many of the same distributors and retailers with whom I have worked at Canandaigua Brands."
Jacobson's 19-year career with world-renowned Canandaigua Brands began in 1982 with Canandaigua Wine Company. He was named Vice President of Marketing in 1984 and a year later was recognized by Advertising Age as one of the Top 100 Marketers of the Year. In 1991, he was appointed Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing. During his tenure, he contributed to the success of company's flagship brands including Grande Amber Brandy, Marcus James, Sun Country Wine Cooler, Inglenook, Almaden, Cook's Champagne and Arbor Mist.
In March 2000, he was named President of Polyphenolics, Inc., after having served as Senior Vice President. Polyphenolics is a leader in providing natural, nutritional ingredients produced from wine and wine grapes including grape seed extract. He also was the creator and President of anti-oxidant.com, the most comprehensive Internet source of information about anti-oxidants.
Jacobson is a graduate of Cornell University and a member of the Society of Wine Educators and the Institute of Food Technologies. He resides in Canandaigua, NY with his wife Maura and five children.
He joined Genesee Brewing Company effective September 5.
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Diageo confirms Australia RTD abv drops
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review