CANADA; Sleeman sees profits leap on advertising push
Sleeman Breweries saw its third quarter net earnings jump 42%, compared to the same period last year, as an increase in advertising and promotional expenditures resulted in strong sales of both premium and value brands nationally. Canada's third-largest beer company behind giants Labatt Brewing Co. Ltd. and Molson Breweries, saw its revenues increase 22% C$48m, profit hit $C3.7m, compared with C$2.6m a year earlier.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- Guinness: A Great Day for St James's Gate
- Will Remy come off worse in China Cognac recovery?
- Wines of the Beautiful South Ups its Game
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Bacardi-Martini appoints Southern Europe chief
- William Grant gives Sailor Jerry pack revamp