FRANCE/INDIA: Camus, Radico join forces
Cognac producer Camus has struck a distribution deal in India with local spirits group Radico Khaitan.
Cyril Camus, chief executive of the Cognac house, told just-drinks that Radico Khaitan would distribute its products nationwide.
Camus had sold its products in India through local importer Global Traders. M Camus said his company is "definitely moving up a notch" with the Radico Khaitan deal.
"India is a very new market but is small for Cognac," M Camus said today (23 February). "India is a market with an affluent middle class, which suggests that it could become a substantial market for Camus."
Radico Khaitan is one of India's largest spirits groups and has been busy expanding its presence in the fast-growing market in recent months.
Last year, Radico Khaitan agreed to set up a joint venture with Diageo to develop Indian Made Foreign Liquor (IMFL) brands.
Radico Khaitan is also eyeing a possible acquisition of the liquor assets of South India-based Amruth Group.
Rémy Martin has unveiled its new offering – Coeur de Cognac – with customary Cognaçais pomp. But for Chris Losh, the company’s announcement of the launch says as much about the art of Cognac PR as it ...
It is the results season, so attention is focused on the major public drinks corporations as they give their shareholders the good or bad news. But Patience Gould believes that in an industry where ta...
Leading figures in the Scotch whisky industry are to form a pan-industry working party to investigate the question of image and innovation in Scotch. The debate will be led by the World Whisky Confere...
Cooley Distillery has posted a healthy rise in sales and profits for 2006, but has warned that 2007 will be "a harder year". At the same time, the company's head issued a 'come-and-join-me' to a large...
Liquor auctions have been legalised in New York....
Diageo Great Britain will launch a heavyweight campaign linking its Guinness brand with rugby....
Diageo has remained silent on reports that it is planning to launch one of its global whisky brands in India by the end of the fiscal year and potentially enter the wine market....
Drinks Americas Holdings has seen its losses widen in what it has described as a year of "transition"....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts