FRANCE/VIETNAM: Camus Cognac establishes Vietnam office
Camus Cognac has set up a new regional sales office in Vietnam and reorganised its commercial team in Asia/Pacific.
Philippe Jamme, currently the company's Hong Kong-based area director for north-east Asia, is to relocate to Vietnam to run the new operation. He will be responsible for the duty-free and domestic markets of Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Myanmar, Thailand and Malaysia.
"The opening of a new office in Vietnam calls for a reorganisation within our commercial team dedicated to Asian markets," said Camus commercial director Asia/Pacific Michael Beamish.
Hong Kong-based Beamish will now handle Japan, Australia and New Zealand directly, in addition to managing the rest of the Asia/Pacific team.
South East Asia director Richard Ferne, also based in Hong Kong, now has responsibility for the following markets: Indonesia, Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Korea and various multi-national duty-free operators.
Finally, Cyril Camus, president of Camus, will now manage both the Chinese domestic and duty-free markets.
Family-owned Camus Cognac already has offices in Bordeaux, London, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Beijing.
Tilaknagar Industries has lined up the construction of a new distillery in the Maharashtra region of India, according to local reports....
William Grant's & Sons has played down reports of a boycott of its products in Cognac, following the company's decision to close its brandy production facility in the French region....
Maxxium UK is launching a "festive" campaign for its Champagne cognac brand Rémy Martin's VSOP in the UK....
Drinks Americas Holdings has partnered with Domaine Maillard and Francis Abecassis, the maker of Leyrat Cognac, to market the cognac as part of the company's portfolio expansion....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has added Cruzan Rum to its portfolio....
A new super premium blend of Courvoisier Cognac is in the pipeline, Beam Global has said, following strong demand for its limited edition L'Esprit de Courvoisier in the UK....
Central European Distribution Organisation, the wine and spirits group, has reported a 51% rise in third quarter revenues, but saw profit hit by curreny charges....
Pernod Ricard is launching a new advertising initiative for its French cognac brand Martell in the UK....
- Pernod Ricard's Q3 2017 trading update - Preview
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- How soft drinks brands manage to offend consumers
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- William Grant snaps up Tuthilltown Spirits in US
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World