Focus - CAGNY 2011: Campbell Soup Co to build soft drinks portfolio
Campbell is hoping to build on its V8 range with a raft of soft drinks launches in H2
Campbell Soup Co is to expand its presence in soft drinks with a raft of product launches in the second half the of the year.
The future CEO of Campbell Soup Co unveiled a series of ideas for the company yesterday (23 February) as she prepares to take over the role in August this year.
Speaking at the CAGNY investment conference in Florida, Denise Morrison, currently COO of Campbell, said that she sees "many exciting opportunities".
Morrison outlined aspects of the US-based company's plans for its healthy beverages division.
She said that V8 is the fastest growing shelf-stable juice range in the US, and following on from the launch of V8 VFusion, the company will launch V8 Energy Shots in the second half of this year.
The company also plans to launch energy drinks with green tea extract, as well as smoothies.
While no specific details were given on the new product launches, Morrison said she will reveal her full strategic plan for the company in July.
Campbell's V8 100% vegetable juice is currently available in six varieties and a range of sizes. In January last year, the company reduced the sodium content in the juice drinks by 12% across the US.
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- What's behind Brown-Forman's Irish whiskey plans?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- How good a sustainability fit are ABI and SAB?
- The new Johnnie Walker ad and today's consumers
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Chandon to become "third pillar brand" for MH
- Brown-Forman silent on Southern Comfort report
- Stoli appoints international marketing director
- Scotch whisky sees sales turn corner - SWA head
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research