US: Campbell Soup Co "reviews" legal threat over juice labels
CPSI claims the labels on some Campbell brands are misleading
Campbell Soup Co has said it is reviewing a letter from a health group that threatens to sue the company for using allegedly “deceptive” labels on two of its juice brands.
US-based Campbell confirmed today (16 June) it had received a letter from the Center for Science in the Public Interest (CSPI), which claims the labels make “misleading statements about juice content, nutritional value, and overall healthfulness”. CSPI says it will take legal action against Campbell if it continues to use the labels, for its V8 V-Fusion Refreshers and V8 Splash juice drinks.
CSPI claims the labels “con” consumers into believing the products are 100% fruit juice when their contents are at most 25% juice.
But in a statement to just-drinks, Campbell said its products are labelled “in compliance with all laws and government regulations”.
It added: “All of the information that consumers need about the nutrition provided in a bottle of V8 V-Fusion Refreshers and V8 Splash is clearly provided on the label.”
Last year, Dr Pepper Snapple Group agreed to drop antioxidant claims from its 7UP range in the US after legal action from the CSPI.
Dr Pepper Snapple Group, Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and se...
Dr Pepper Snapple Group Inc will continue to focus on the “marketplace of many”, which it has identified as including multicultural segments, the millennial generation, baby boomers, mothers and the “...
Beverages in North America industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also...
Carbonated Soft Drinks in Global industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profil...
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- A-B InBev's Global Presence - just The Facts
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- The Glenlivet leapfrogs Glenfiddich
- Pernod Ricard keen to stem Absolut US declines
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Brown-Forman Corporation (BFB) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review