ITALY: Campari workers strike against plant closure
Workers at a Campari production site in Italy have gone on strike to protest against the drinks group's plans to close the plant.
Employees at Campari's site in Sulmona, southern Italy went on strike after learning that the company was to close the plant. Some 100 jobs could be under threat.
The strike took place on Wednesday (10 January), a day after Campari announced it was to close the plant, which principally produces soft drinks for the company.
The closure is another sign of the tough economic conditions in the south of Italy. Campari's move follows an announcement from Heineken that it would close a bottling plant on the Italian island of Sicily.
Campari plans to transfer the work carried out at its Sulmona site among its four other production facilities throughout Italy.
The company is working with union representatives to lessen the impact of the closure on its Sulmona employees.
A Campari spokesperson declined to comment when contacted by just-drinks today.
UBS has increased its 2007 growth estimates for Heineken. However, in a research note the investment bank said it was maintaining its "neutral 1" rating on the Dutch brewer....
Diageo has dismissed, yet again, speculation that it is considering selling its Guinness beer brand....
Heineken and FEMSA have extended their tie-up in Brazil....
Heineken's group commerce director will leave the business due to "differing views" with the brewer's CEO....
Fior Brands, the UK distribution joint venture set up by Gruppo Campari and Morrison Bowmore Distillers, is to close and move its portfolio to independent distributor Cellar Trends....
Dutch brewer Heineken is continuing to extend its presence in the US. The company said yesterday (21 June) that it had officially opened a Northeast regional business unit office in Stamford, Connecti...
Heineken has launched its Premium Light brand in cans in the US....
MCS-Asia Pacific Brewery, the partnership between Singapore's Asia Pacific Breweries (APB) and Eastern Asia's MCS Holdings (MCS), plans to brew Tiger beer in Mongolia....
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Diageo confirms Australia RTD abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Pernod takes Absolut Warhol push to Travel Retail
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager