US: Campari US chief takes over as DISCUS chairman
DISCUS has a new chairman
Gruppo Campari's US head has been named the new chairman of the Distilled Spirits Council of the United States (DISCUS).
Gerry Ruvo, who succeeds the outgoing COO of Patron Spirits, John McDonnell, took over as chair of the trade body's board yesterday, DISCUS announced today (1 July). “I look forward to working with the board and staff to continue DISCUS’ leadership in the fight against higher taxes; to expand market access and modernisation; and to promote responsibility and moderation,” Ruvo said.
Ruvo is chairman & CEO of Campari America, which he joined in 1998. He previously held sales positions with Diageo, The Paddington Corporation, and Pepsi Wine and Spirits.
DISCUS president Peter Cressy said: “(Ruvo) has had a long record of commercial innovation and a strong commitment to social responsibility throughout his career, and brings those values to the deliberations of the DISCUS board.”
Former chairman McDonnell left Patron at the end of May.
If Scotch sales receive an end-of-year bump this month, there's a good chance it is from whisky executives toasting a banner year for the brown stuff....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read news stories on just-drinks in 2013....
Heineken has announced the appointment of Loïc Latour to the post of president of its French distribution subsidiary, France Boissons....
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages