US: Campari US chief takes over as DISCUS chairman
DISCUS has a new chairman
Gruppo Campari's US head has been named the new chairman of the Distilled Spirits Council of the United States (DISCUS).
Gerry Ruvo, who succeeds the outgoing COO of Patron Spirits, John McDonnell, took over as chair of the trade body's board yesterday, DISCUS announced today (1 July). “I look forward to working with the board and staff to continue DISCUS’ leadership in the fight against higher taxes; to expand market access and modernisation; and to promote responsibility and moderation,” Ruvo said.
Ruvo is chairman & CEO of Campari America, which he joined in 1998. He previously held sales positions with Diageo, The Paddington Corporation, and Pepsi Wine and Spirits.
DISCUS president Peter Cressy said: “(Ruvo) has had a long record of commercial innovation and a strong commitment to social responsibility throughout his career, and brings those values to the deliberations of the DISCUS board.”
Former chairman McDonnell left Patron at the end of May.
If Scotch sales receive an end-of-year bump this month, there's a good chance it is from whisky executives toasting a banner year for the brown stuff....
Since 2010, Campari has become increasingly reliant on acquisitions, such as the 2012 purchase of Lascelles de Mercado, for growth. The profile looks at why this is the case, the benefits of its most ...
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read news stories on just-drinks in 2013....
Heineken has announced the appointment of Loïc Latour to the post of president of its French distribution subsidiary, France Boissons....
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Focus - The Prosecco shortage that isn't
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review