ITALY: Campari to develop Glen Grant “internationally"
Davide Campari-Milano has confirmed plans to develop its Glen Grant whisky brand globally.
Speaking to just-drinks today (8 November) a spokesperson for Campari said that, when the drinks group's CEO Bob Kunze-Concewitz said recently that he viewed the whisky category as "a very interesting sector", he was referring to expanding the company's Glenn Grant brand.
The spokesperson explained: "When Kunze-Concewitz said that it was "very interesting", he was referring to the whisky sector, which we entered through the acquisition of Glen Grant, Old Smuggler and Braemar. That was the meaning of the sentence."
"We're developing the brand on an international scale and so we're making Glenn Grant even more powerful," the spokesperson added.
In September, Gruppo Campari, of which Davide Campari-Milano is the parent company, posted a 7.9% lift in operating profit for the six months to the end of June, hitting EUR92.7m (US$127.8m) for the period. Net sales for the half-year were up by 5.4% to EUR40.6m.
The group will also issue its Q3 results today.
Last year, just-drinks took part in a working party, set up following the World Whiskies Conference in 2007, to look at how to raise the profile of Scotch whisky. At this year's conference, held in Gl...
Malt whisky continues to outpace the growth of blended Scotch and its leading brands are putting in stellar performances. But as a new report from just-drinks explains, a closer look reveals a categor...
Scotch whisky export value and volume reached record levels last year, according to industry figures released today (30 April)....
Inver House Distillers has reported a healthy set of results for its latest fiscal year....
The Edrington Group has released its oldest ever offering of Highland Park in the UK market, as part of its core range of single malts....
Davide Campari-Milano has announced details of its latest dividend payment....
Pernod Ricard has launched the first website for its Scotch whisky brand Royal Salute, with "striking" visuals which, the company says, is designed to emphasise the brands prestigious and luxury statu...
The Edrington Group has announced an addition to its board of directors, with the creation of the new post of group strategy director....
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Cognac needs innovation at bottom end - Pernod
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World