CZECH REPUBLIC: Campari signs up Rémy Cointreau as distributor
Rémy will work under the Maxxium name and replaces local market-leading winemaker Bohemia Sekt as Campari's distributor.
Campari Central Europe manager Renata Rogg told just-drinks today (1 April): "Rémy Cointreau at the moment suits best our requirements."
Jirí Stetina, director of Maxxium in Czech Republic, said that sales of Campari and Cinzano in the country have stagnated in the past few years.
Today marks Rémy's first day outside of the Maxxium Worldwide distribution venture, although it retains use of the name in Czech Republic.
The Edrington Group has secured a multiple grocer listing in the UK for the Select Reserve variant of its The Glenrothes single malt Scotch whisky brand....
Skyy Spirits, the subsidiary of Gruppo Campari, has re-packaged Irish Mist, the whisky liqueur it distributes and markets in the US....
Gruppo Campari has declined to comment on a report claiming it may issue a bond of between EUR350m and EUR500m (US$736m)....
Louis XIII from Remy Martin...
The head of Pernod Ricard in the UK, Jean-Manuel Spriet, has told just-drinks that the group will reinvest budget for the recently sold Tia Maria brand in driving growth of Absolut vodka in the countr...
Courvoisier, the Cognac business owned by Beam Global Spirits & Wine, has launched its new luxury Cognac, L'Essence de Courvoisier....
Remy Cointreau has signed a UK sponsorship deal with The Southampton Boat Show for its Piper-Heidsieck brand, the company announced today (8 September)....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Molson Coors names UK & Ireland managing director
- Pernod Ricard targets at-home drinking
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends