ITALY: Campari secures EUR400m through bond issue
Campari will use the money to fund its purchase of Lascelles deMercado
Gruppo Campari is set to raise EUR400m (US$524.3m) from the issue of bonds that will trade on Luxembourg’s stock exchange.
The placing, announced late today (18 October), matures in October 2019 and pays a fixed annual coupon of 4.5%, Campari said. The funds replace a bridge loan secured for the firm’s purchase of a majority stake in Lascelles deMercado, the owner of the Appleton Estate and Wray & Nephew rum brands, which was announced last month.
“The order book was closed after raising a total demand of EUR4.8bn, corresponding to an over-subscription of 12 times the issue size,” Campari said. “As a result of the strong interest from investors, the initial offer of EUR350m was increased to EUR400m.”
Settlement of the notes is expected next week.
This weekend marked the fifth anniversary of Pernod Ricard's acquisition of Vin & Sprit and the Absolut vodka brand. A lot has changed since those heady days of 2008, so how does the race for - and pu...
Carbonated Soft Drinks in Italy industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). The profile also conta...
- Pernod's Portman Group penalty - a coincidence?
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- Comment - Coke Life: Hit or Miss?
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- Cognac plays the waiting game in China
- Pernod Ricard swings at Portman Group
- Remy posts Q1 sales drop as Edrington loss bites
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- C&C Group steps down as Portman Group funder
- Distell to take 26% stake in spirits firm KHEAL