Campari replaces Appleton Estate 8 Year Old in UK
Campari's Appleton Estate Reserve Blend does not carry an age statement
Gruppo Campari has launched its newly-rebranded Appleton Estate Reserve Blend in the UK, replacing the eight-year-old expression of the rum brand.
The company said today that Reserve Blend has a similar taste profile to Appleton Estate 8 Year Old. However, Reserve Blend will not carry an age statement.
The Italian drinks company released details of Appleton's brand name and packaging update in April last year.
"The new packaging and use of the word 'blend' in our range names allows us to celebrate blending as a key factor in premium rum's rich and complex flavours and at the same time provides consumers with an easy way to navigate the range," said Nick Williamson, marketing director for Campari UK.
The UK range also comprises Appleton Estate Signature Blend and Appleton Estate Rare Blend 12 Year Old. Both have seen name changes, from Appleton Estate V/X and Appleton Estate Extra 12 Year Old, respectively.
There is no change to the names, packaging or liquid for Appleton Estate 21 Year Old Jamaica Rum or Appleton Estate 50 Year Old Jamaica Rum, the company said.
Earlier this month, Campari launched new rum brand Baron Samedi.
The production and labeling of American whiskey has to be under the Title 27 of the US Code of Federal Regulations. American whiskey was traditionally produced within the boundaries of the US and can ...
Davide Campari Milano SpA is part of Gruppo Campari, a large corporate group with an international presence. Gruppo Campari manufactures both alcoholic drinks and soft drinks....
Earlier this week, Gruppo Campari released its full-year results for 2016. The company saw its net profits dip by 5% on one-offs, although sales in the 12-month period rose by 4%. Here, just-drinks co...
Single malt whiskey by definition needs to be made at a single distillery. It is made from fermented mash made with malted grain....
Today, Gruppo Campari issued its results for 2016. The group saw its 12-month sales rise by 4%, with net profits dropping 7%. Here, just-drinks breaks down Campari's figures for last year by region an...
Vodka is an alcoholic beverage that comprises water and ethanol and contains 35%-40% alcohol by volume....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Is sustainability now as important as financials?
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts