ITALY: Campari forecasts 30% sales growth
Italian drinks group, Campari, is forecasting 30% sales growth for 2002. That would boost turnover at the company to around €640m. Last year, sales at Campari rose by 13.9% to €494.3m.
Acquisitions have played a significant part in Campari's growth. Recent purchases include the Italian spirits company, Zedda Piras, which owns a 67% stake in the Sardinian wine group, Sella & Mosca, and a 50% stake in the US premium vodka company, Skyy Spirits.
The rum market may be dominated by white rum - and by one brand in particular - but Larry Watson, managing director, distribution division, at Jamaican rum producer, J Wray & Nephew, believes there is...
Flavoured vodkas have been a major success story in the US where they have prospered on the back of strong sector growth and premiumisation. With European markets also showing consistent growth and so...
Campari has had its rating cut....
Davide Campari-Milano S.p.A. has seen a 2.6% rise in sales drive growth across all profitability indicators in the first half of the year....
US investment house Citigroup Smith Barney has cut its rating on Italian drinks group Davide Campari-Milano SpA from "buy" to "hold"....
Goldman Sachs has initiated coverage of Davide Campari-Milano shares....
Luca Cordero di Montezemolo, an independent director on the Davide Campari board, has handed in his resignation to the Italian company....
The Campari Group has seen a modest growth in its first quarter sales, although the performance led to a more impressive increase in other profitability indicators....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo rolls out vegan Baileys Almande Almondmilk
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends