ITALY: Campari continues upward trend in Q1
Italian drinks group Campari has continued its positive run of results by posting a 24% increase in sales in its first quarter, leading to a 17% leap in profits.
Sales totalled EUR182.1m (US$232m) for the first three months of the year, up over 9% on an organic basis. First-quarter trading profit hit EUR54.3m.
Campari said spirits sales leapt by almost a third, due to a good performance by the company's spirits stable and third-party brands like Jack Daniel's, for which Campari holds the distribution rights in Italy. Campari brand sales by almost 9%, while SKYY vodka sales leapt almost 23%.
The company said sales from its wine division, which represents 10% of sales, saw revenues inch up 1%, as a strong showing from Sella & Mosca wines offset declining sparkling wine and Cinzano sales. Meanwhile, soft drinks sales rose 17%.
The duty free business has recovered relatively quickly from the major disruption caused by the security scare in the UK in the summer, writes Joe Bates. And as the industry prepares for the annual Ta...
Having pioneered the super-premium vodka category in Russia, billionaire entrepreneur Roustam Tariko is eyeing international markets with his Russian Standard Original and Imperia brands, looking to b...
Swiss financial group UBS has upgraded Gruppo Campari following revenue and profit growth at the Italian company for the first three quarters of this year....
Italian drinks company Gruppo Campari has reported a slight increase in profit before tax as lower margins offset high revenue growth attributed to recent acquisitions and new distribution deals in th...
Skyy Spirits has become a fully-owned subsidiary of Campari after the Italian drinks group bought the remaining stake in the US company....
Fontanafredda, one of the most historic Barolo wine estates in the Italian region of Piedmont, could be up for sale next year. The possible contenders for the estate, which is owned by Italian bank Mo...
The Patrón Spirits Company has secured distribution deals in Europe and Asia as it looks to grow its namesake premium Tequila outside the US....
The controlling family of Italian drinks company Davide Campari has been instructed to pay compensation to a family member, according to press reports....
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- William Grant upgrades Glenfiddich Cask Collection
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends