UK: Campari and Bowmore close down UK distribution venture
Brands including Campari, Cinzano, Skyy vodka and Bowmore single malt Scotch whisky are affected by the agreement, which comes into force on 16 July. Marnier-Lapostolle, whose Grand Marnier brand is also distributed by Fior, is still completing contract negotiations with Cellar Trends.
Stirling-based Fior Brands was set up in 2002, but Morrison Bowmore chief executive Mike Keiller admitted that the business had never acquired the scale necessary to be competitive, struggling to attract other partners or third-party brands.
Cellar Trends, which had distributed Grey Goose vodka in the UK prior to its acquisition by Bacardi, has a strong on-trade presence with brands like Luxardo sambuca and Jägermeister.
MD and joint owner Martin Watts said the deal added about one-third to the company's turnover. He said the new arrangement offered economies of scale, leading to greater investment in marketing behind the ex-Fior brands.
Keiller described Cellar Trends as "unproven" in the dark spirits arena, but said: "We like their philosophy. They're people we believe we will be able to work closely with."
Central European Distribution Corporation has moved forwards with its acquisition of various production and distribution assets related to the parliament vodka brand in the Russian market and abroad....
Drinks Americas Holdings has posted a climb in second quarter net losses as the company hits the first anniversary of Trump Super Premium Vodka sales....
Drinks Americas Holdings has raised around US$3m from a private placement....
The new rules covering spirits in the European Union have come into effect this week, with the change being described by one trade body as "a good compromise"....
The Swedish government has begun the auction process for state-owned Vin & Sprit by contacting a wealth of interested bidders....
Pernod Ricard is not as close as some reports may suggest to sealing a deal to acquire vodka brand Stolichnaya....
Carlsberg has admitted that it is "considering" its position on the pending auction of Vin & Sprit....
The Swedish government has decided to sell Vin & Sprit by auction, with cash appearing to be the deciding factor....
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Interview- Veltins export manager Udo Bruns
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages