US: Campari America reveals sales team shake-up
Campari's America business is restructuring its sales team
Gruppo Campari’s US unit has announced a restructure of its sales team as the company eyes growth in the region.
Campari America has created two separate divisions as part of the reorganisation, with immediate effect, it said in a statement today (11 February). One division, headed up by sales VP Dan Vanderbilt, will handle the company’s relationship with distributor Southern Wine & Spirits. Vanderbilt has been promoted having formerly been regional VP East.
The other division, led by Jock MacDonald, formerly the unit’s regional VP for control states, will manage the relationship with its other US distributor Republic National Distributing Co.
The restructure will create new positions, but some current job titles will be “eliminated”, a Campari America spokesperson told just-drinks. However, he added: “This will essentially result in a zero net effect on our employee numbers.”
Roy Danis, Campari America’s MD said: “From a company focused primarily just on Skyy Vodka less than ten years ago, Campari America has grown dynamically in recent years, reaching new milestones in sales for Gruppo Campari. This rapid expansion necessitates us to evolve our organisation not only to meet today’s business needs, but to also help fuel our growth engines far into the future.”
Gruppo Campari revealed details of a global restructure last month, but today's announcement is unrelated, the spokesperson said.
To read an exclusive just-drinks interview with Campari's group CEO, click here
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Diageo chief admits "tougher than expected" year
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Molson Coors CEO exit - Mega-Merger on hold?
- Comment - Beer - What’s in a (Brand) Name?
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Belvédère chairman to step down
- Diageo boosts exec committee
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Diageo writes down Shuijingfang value by GBP264m