UK: Calypso extends Disney partnership
Calypso Soft Drinks has tied up with the forthcoming Disney film Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead Man's Chest.
The company said yesterday (23 March) that it would release 'Caribbean Curse' and 'Bootstrap Blackcurrant' in cluster packs of four 250ml bottles with sport-cap. The packaging features the film's skull and crossbones logo along with a close-up of Johnny Depp as one of the pirates. The drink is targeted at both boys and girls aged between six and eleven years old.
The drinks will be available from 24 April, initially in Waitrose supermarkets, and will have an on-pack promotion offering a free film poster in return for four tokens.
"We expect Dead Man's Chest to be the film franchise of the year," said Richard Cooke, Calypso's sales and marketing director.
Calypso's Pirates of the Caribbean no-added-sugar juice drinks are supplied in outers of six cluster packs of four 250ml clear PET bottles with re-sealable sports caps at a recommended retail price of GBP1.39 (US$2.41).
Sectors: Soft drinks
In spite of new legislation and adverse publicity, the UK soft drinks market continued to grow in 2005. And while concerns over childhood obesity may have impacted on carbonated drinks sales, those sa...
While the overall market for tea in the UK has declined by some 12% over the past five years, iced tea consumption is on the rise. Annette Sessions reports on the potential for iced tea in the UK and ...
Coca-Cola announced last week that it was taking over full control of its US water joint venture, CCDA Waters, buying out its partner, Danone. However, speculation over the poor performance of the CCD...
Kirin Beverage Corp. has changed its forecast for the six-month period to 30 June....
Coca-Cola has announced the launch of its newly-named Aquabona mineral water in Spain....
Minute Maid 100% Pure Squeezed Juices, newly created by Coca-Cola Great Britain especially for British consumers, go on sale nationally this week as the first major launch under the Minute Maid brand....
Coca Cola is planning to invest €20m in a new production line at its plant at Socx near Dunkirk in northern France....
Cott Corporation's US subsidiary has begun shipping from its new manufacturing facility in Fort Worth, Texas....
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Edrington posts FY profits drop
- TWE, Pernod hail China-Aus FTA
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research