FRANCE: Calvet workers protest sale to Les Grands Chais
Employees at French wine group H. Mounier have reportedly gone on strike to protest at the company's sale of flagship wine brand Calvet to Les Grands Chais de France.
H. Mounier, which sells a range of wines and Cognacs, is planning to sell Calvet, one of the best known wine brands in Bordeaux, according to French newspaper Les Echos yesterday (23 November).
No-one at H. Mounier was available for comment when contacted by just-drinks today.
Les Grands Chais de France is one of the country's biggest wine exporters, selling 17% of all French bottled wine exports. The company's J.P. Chenet brand is the world's best-selling French wine brand, with annual sales of 7.4m cases.
In September, the company signed a strategic alliance with California's The Wine Group to cover wine markets in the US and Europe.
The deal will see Les Grands Chais de France distribute wines from The Wine Group stable, including Gray Fox and Concannon, throughout Europe. The Wine Group will handle the French group's brand in the US.
Officials at Les Grands Chais de France could not be reached for comment as just-drinks went to press.
Les Grands Chais de France has launched an appeal against the sale of Bordeaux négociant Antoine Moueix Lebègue (AML) to French wine group Jeanjean....
Chilean wine group San Pedro has named Les Grands Chais de France as its distributor for the UK market....
Les Grands Chais de France is poised to buy wine brand Calvet, despite protests from workers at owner H. Mounier....
The Wine Group (TWG) and Les Grands Chais de France (GCF) have signed a strategic alliance to cover the US and Europe....
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- Diageo's smart Seedlip sustainability move
- Pernod Ricard Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Brown-Forman's Q1 performance by region, brand
- Why Vietnam is the next beer battleground
- CEO Paul Schaafsma set to leave Accolade Wines
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- ASA bans Diageo's Captain Morgan UK ad
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Heineken unveils new mid-strength lager Heineken 3
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Staying in the Mix: The Global Concentrates Market in 2016