AUSTRALIA: Call for ban on US grape shipments as Australia fears Pierce disease devastation
Leading horiticulturists in Australia have called for a ban on table grape imports from California in the fear that Pierce's disease, the killer vine bacterium, could be transmitted to Australian vineyards.Pierce's disease is costing the California wine industry tens of millions of dollars, prompting US Vice President Al Gore to declare a federal emergency.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Molson Coors CEO exit - Mega-Merger on hold?
- Comment - Beer - What’s in a (Brand) Name?
- Analysis - SABMiller's Australian issues continue
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's H1 & Q2
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Diageo boosts exec committee
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Belvédère chairman to step down
- Diageo bags Facebook unit boss as director