US: California's Wine Institute readies global marketing push
The logo for Wine Institute's 'Discover California Wines' campaign
California's wine trade body, Wine Institute, has lined up a global branding campaign, featuring a new logo, aimed at raising exports.
The 'Discover California Wines' campaign, announced earlier this week, will feature images of landmarks, vistas, cuisine and lifestyle traditionally linked to the state, Wine Institute has said.
The push, the financial details of which were not disclosed, will include print advertising, point of sale materials, wine region maps, brochures, trade show displays, a video presentation and digital and social media component. These tools have been made available to California's winemakers, importers, retailers and restaurateurs to promote California wine overseas.
Elements of the campaign will debut at the Prowein, The London International Wine Fair and Vinexpo trade fairs this year.
"The … campaign gives our international representatives the tools they need to build California wine sales exponentially around the globe," said the organisation's president and CEO, Robert Koch. "We are setting an ambitious goal of more than doubling California/US wine exports to US$2bn by 2022."
California produces 90% of the US' wine exports, which generated sales of $912m in 2009.
France, Italy and Spain have joined forces to warn about the dangers of a wine glut in the European Union if vine planting restrictions are relaxed. Here, just-drinks brings you data on how the EU vin...
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- How craft beer has shattered its US shackles
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- BrewDog moves into spirits with LoneWolf launch
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Johnnie Walker Bourbon Cask & Rye Finish - NPD
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report