UK: Cains plans GBP50m 'Brewery Village'
Cains Brewery has unveiled plans to transform its Liverpool site into a GBP50m (US$76.8m) leisure and retail destination, while stepping up production of its "traditional" ales.
The proposed scheme, called Brewery Village, will involve the Grade-II listed brewery building being restored, plus the buiding of a 100-room hotel, work studios, food market, restaurants, cinema and apartments. The site’s Brewery Tap pub will also be restored.
"The brewery’s owners want to develop the site into a national visitor destination and increase the amount of traditional Cains ales brewed at the site," a statement said on a bespoke Brewery Village website.
The firm will abandon its loss-making business of brewing supermarket own-brand beers to concentrate on its own labels, the Liverpool Echo reported.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- Heineken seeks "clarity" in Indonesia
- Is Coca-Cola Co “back on track” after brighter Q1?
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard unveils new Absolut bottle
- Diageo's United Spirits calls on Mallya to quit
- Beam Suntory to strip down regional units
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets