NETHERLANDS: Café Fresco concept put to the test
Dairy group Campina and Douwe Egberts have combined to produce an iced coffee brand, called Café Fresco, set for release into the Dutch market.
Douwe Egberts, the coffee making subsidiary of Sara Lee, has supplied Arabica coffee for the drink while Campina has taken care of the fresh milk content.
Both companies have said they are confident Café Fresco can put the iced coffee drinks category, already showing strong international growth, on the map in the Netherlands. Campina added that already in Japan, the iced coffee segment is larger than cola.
Depending on the success of Café Fresco in the Netherlands, Campina and Douwe Egberts will consider introducing the brand into other countries.
Sectors: Soft drinks
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Remy Cointreau Fiscal-2017 sales - results data
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World