UK: Cadbury warns of "difficult" UK market
Cadbury Schweppes warned today (26 October) that "difficult conditions" in the UK are hampering its performance across Europe.
In a trading update, the London-based drinks-to-confectionery group said three of its four regions were performing "in line with expectations". However, a weak confectionery market in the UK was hurting trading.
Cadbury, the maker of drinks including Dr. Pepper and Snapple teas, noted "good progress" in its drinks business in the Americas.
CEO Todd Stitzer said: "We're pleased that the majority of our businesses are performing well with innovation and emerging markets continuing to drive good growth in the Americas and Asia Pacific."
Coca-Cola has decided to refer to carbonated soft drinks (CSDs) as 'sparkling beverages' in all its communications, at a time when major soft drinks producers are looking to address the unhealthy imag...
The announcement that Cadbury Schweppes is looking to split its beverage operations in the US from its confectionery unit may be music to its investors' ears, but where will a potential buyer come fro...
Cott Corp. has confirmed that it is in talks with "interested parties" with a view to a possible merger. Reports on Friday (13 April) suggested that the Canada-based store-brand beverage producer is i...
Cott Corp. is rumoured to be in talks with private equity firms to merge with the beverage arm of Cadbury Schweppes....
Cadbury Schweppes has said that one of its directors is to leave the company....
The Pepsi Bottling Group (PBG) has completed its acquisition of the distribution and bottling rights for three Cadbury Schweppes brands in Northern California....
Cadbury Schweppes has refused to be drawn on speculation that a swathe of private equity groups are circling its US drinks business....
Cadbury Schweppes has insisted it will not sell its beverage interests in Australia after the company said it would separate its Americas drinks division from its confectionery business....
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits