UK: Cadbury US drinks arm bidders named - report
Cadbury Schweppes is staying quiet on reports that there are at least two bidders for its US beverages arm.
Citing unnamed sources, The Times reported yesterday (13 June) that two private equity consortiums are in the running for Cadbury's drinks unit. One consortium is comprised of Blackstone, Kohlberg Kravis Roberts, and Lion Capital, while another consists of Bain Capital, Texas Pacific, and Thomas H Lee. A third possible group, made up of Canada's Cott Corp. and other private equity groups, is also thought to be looking to bid.
When contacted by just-drinks today, however, a spokesperson for Cadbury would not be drawn on the report. "We do not comment on speculation," the spokesperson said.
Cadbury confirmed in March that it will separate its US drinks operations and its confectionary business, saying it was "evaluating the options for separation". The company said moves to restructure its drinks operations in the Americas, through bottling acquisitions and a focus on core brands, had "significantly improved" the performance of the business.
The company is due to present a trading update on Tuesday (19 June). When asked if an announcement about the next step for the beverages arm would be made at the update, the spokesperson said: "You'll have to wait and see."
Cadbury Schweppes Americas Beverages has begun rolling out a third flavour extension to its Dr Pepper brand in the US....
Cadbury Schweppes has announced that Cadbury Schweppes Americas Beverages (CSAB), the entity which will own its American drinks businesses once the group's confectionery and drinks operations have dem...
Cadbury Schweppes Americas Beverages has launched two water brands to its portfolio in the US....
Cadbury Schweppes Americas Beverages has lined up an 'advergame' for the recently-launched iPhone....
Cadbury Schweppes Americas Beverages (CSAB) has launched Pomegranate 7UP, a pomegranate-flavoured variant of its lemon-lime beverage brand....
Isbre Holding Corp has entered into a distribution arrangement with Marz Beverage Company to market Isbre bottled Norwegian glacier spring water throughout New Jersey....
Cadbury Schweppes Americas Beverages has launched a new line of 'good for you' juice drinks for its Snapple brand....
Cott Corporation has posted a loss in what the company has described as a "disappointing" third quarter....
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future