US: Cadbury to tweak 7-Up packaging
Cadbury Schweppes Americas Beverages (CSAB) is to tweak the labelling on 7-Up to promote the product's "all-natural" recipe.
The company, which launched the "all-natural" 7-Up last year, said it would "go beyond" guidelines from the US Food and Drug Administration on natural products and ingredients. CSAB said the labelling would move from saying "100% natural" to highlighting those ingredients.
In May, CSAB was forced to fend off claims from the Center for Science in the Public Interest, which said the company had "deceived" consumers with its claims of the natural ingredients in 7-Up.
CSAB said there is "no debate" over the product's recipe.
The drinks industry has not been immune from the growing influence of private equity groups (PEGS) in the corporate world. Critics argue that PEGs hark back to the worst excesses of 1980s corporate gr...
Cadbury Schweppes Americas Beverages (CSAB) has acquired bottling and distribution company Southeast-Atlantic Beverage Corp. (SEABEV)....
Cadbury Schweppes has been sued for 'misleading' consumers by labelling its Snapple drinks as 'all natural.'...
Australian drinks combine Foster's Group has announced that Ian Johnston is to join its board of directors as an independent director, with effect from 1 September 2007....
The Coca-Cola Co. has confirmed its interest in either buying Cadbury Schweppes' iced tea line Snapple or building its own tea brand, according to reports....
The Indian company Tata Tea has declined to comment on a report in the Indian newspaper Economic Times that Tata Group is interested in joining a bid for Cadbury Schweppes' US beverage business to sec...
Nelson Peltz, the activist US investor, has upped his stake in Cadbury Schweppes, which is currently attempting to spin off its US beverage division....
Coca-Cola Co. has declined to comment on speculation that it may be interested in acquiring Cadbury Schweppes's Snapple iced tea....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends