UK: Cadbury Schweppes uses Singapore bond market
A report by Dow Jones claims Cadbury is now tapping into the Singapore bond market and is set on Wednesday to issue S$22m (US$12m) in five-year notes.
Analysts are expecting Cadbury, which will issue the notes with a coupon of 3.5% and S$8m of seven-year notes with a coupon of 3.6%, to swap the proceeds from Singapore dollars to either US dollars or another major currency.
Earlier this year Cadbury acquired Orangina from French spirits company, Pernod Ricard for £419m. Other acquisitions by the soft drink major include Slush Puppie, US-based Carteret, Spring Valley and Wave in Australia and Mantecol based in Argentina.
The company has also agreed to sell its Royal Crown Cola international business and its private label concentrate supply to Cott Corporation for a reported US$94m.
Soft drinks: Local Players, Local Brands
It's been a quiet day on the Pernod/Allied Domecq front....
Conflicting reports circulated this weekend over whether Bacardi International is looking to form a counter-bid for Allied Domecq....
Todays press reports into Pernod and Fortune's hopes to buy Allied Domecq warn of possible conflicts and set a date for completion....
The soft drinks producer Cott Corporation yesterday announced the appointment of its president and CEO, John K. Sheppard, to the board of directors of the Washington, DC-based American Beverage Associ...
Pernod Ricard and Fortune Brands are considering a US$13 billion bid for Allied Domecq, the world's second-largest spirits company. Were it to take place, Pernod and Fortune would split Allied's brand...
Pernod Ricard and Fortune Brands are hoping to buy Allied Domecq for around 670p per share, according to press reports....
The US consumer goods group Fortune Brands has confirmed it is in talks about launching a joint bid with Pernod Ricard for Allied Domecq....
Fideuram Wargny has upgraded its rating of Pernod Ricard to 'buy' from 'hold'. Its analysts argue that the merger talks with Allied Domecq is a catalyst for share growth....
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research