GERMANY: Cadbury-Schweppes grabs full control of German joint venture
Cadbury Schweppes plc today announced that it has agreed to buy Brau und Brunnen's 72% interest in the Apollinaris & Schweppes joint venture in Germany for €151m (£97m). The transaction includes the Apollinaris, Heppinger and Big Apple brands and gives Cadbury Schweppes 100% control of Apollinaris & Schweppes. Apollinaris & Schweppes was formed in 1991, merging the business interests and assets of Schweppes GmbH (28%) and Apollinaris Brunnen AG (72%).
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Analysts upbeat on Pernod Ricard's US success
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- Bacardi rolls out new Oakheart rum packs to US
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Seedlip eyes global growth with export deal
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends