UK: Cadbury Schweppes Completes Acquisition of Snapple Beverage Group For an Enterprise Value of $1,450 Million
Cadbury Schweppes confirmed today it has completed the acquisition of the Snapple Beverage Group from Triarc Companies, Inc., for an enterprise value of $1,450 million (986 million Pounds Sterling). This is further to the announcement on 18 September 2000.Snapple Beverage Group is a US premium beverage company whose brands include Snapple, Mistic, Stewart's and Royal Crown Cola. Snapple is the leading brand in the profitable and high growth premium ready-to-drink tea and juice sector of the New Age beverage market.During the year ended 31st December 1999, Snapple Beverage Group made EBITDA on a pro forma basis of US$111 million (76 million pounds) on turnover of $772 million (525 million pounds).Significant operating synergies are expected with a net present value of around $500 million (340 million Pounds).In addition, Cadbury Schweppes will pay $200 million (136 million pounds) for the benefit of a US tax election which will generate annual tax savings over 15 years, with an estimated present value of $250 million (170 million pounds).This acquisition meets Cadbury Schweppes value creation criteria and is expected, prior to goodwill amortisation and restructuring, to enhance EPS from the outset and to cover the Group's weighted cost of capital within three years.All relevant governmental and regulatory authorisations, consents and approvals have been received.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends