UK: Cadbury Schweppes Completes Acquisition Of Pepsi Lion Nathan Joint Venture in Australia
Cadbury Schweppes plc confirmed today the completion of the acquisition by its Australian subsidiary, Schweppes Cottee's, of 100% of the Australian business operations of the Pepsi Lion Nathan joint venture, Pepsi Cola Bottlers Australia. The value of the net assets was AUD102m as at the last balance sheet date (31 August 1999). The consideration was not disclosed.This acquisition makes Cadbury Schweppes the exclusive bottler for Pepsi Cola Inc. brands in Australia including Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Pepsi Max, 7 UP and Mountain Dew, and includes four bottling plants. These brands will be combined with Cadbury Schweppes' flavoured brands such as Schweppes, Solo, Sunkist, Dr Pepper and Oasis.Retail sales of carbonated soft drinks in Australia are valued at approximately AUD4.5 billion (about 1.8 billion pounds sterling). This transaction is expected to increase Schweppes Cottee's volume of carbonated soft drinks by over 60%, growing its share from around 15% to 25%.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends