UK: Cadbury Schweppes Completes Acquisition Of Pepsi Lion Nathan Joint Venture in Australia
Cadbury Schweppes plc confirmed today the completion of the acquisition by its Australian subsidiary, Schweppes Cottee's, of 100% of the Australian business operations of the Pepsi Lion Nathan joint venture, Pepsi Cola Bottlers Australia. The value of the net assets was AUD102m as at the last balance sheet date (31 August 1999). The consideration was not disclosed.This acquisition makes Cadbury Schweppes the exclusive bottler for Pepsi Cola Inc. brands in Australia including Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Pepsi Max, 7 UP and Mountain Dew, and includes four bottling plants. These brands will be combined with Cadbury Schweppes' flavoured brands such as Schweppes, Solo, Sunkist, Dr Pepper and Oasis.Retail sales of carbonated soft drinks in Australia are valued at approximately AUD4.5 billion (about 1.8 billion pounds sterling). This transaction is expected to increase Schweppes Cottee's volume of carbonated soft drinks by over 60%, growing its share from around 15% to 25%.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part V: Wine
- just Five Years Ago - Belvedere Group's Bumpy Ride
- just the Ten - Editor's Viewpoints of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Campari to bag EUR19m with "non-core" assets sale
- Pernod agrees Caribe Cooler sale to Grupo Bepensa
- Pernod wins consent for Glenlivet upgrade
- Thailand pulls back from New Year alcohol ban
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review