MEXICO: Cadbury Schweppes buys Mexican drinks brand
The UK-based soft drinks and confectionary company Cadbury Schweppes announced today that it has agreed to buy Squirt, Mexico's eighth largest soft drinks brand. The acquisition, from Refremex, was for an undisclosed sum. Cadbury Schweppes has pre-emption rights over the Squirt brand in Mexico under an agreement dating back to 1991. The offer relates to the Squirt brand, associated intellectual property and contracts.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Molson Coors names UK & Ireland managing director
- TWE renames Blossom Hill fruit wine range