UK/US: Cadbury Schweppes announces Dr Pepper Snapple Group chairman
Cadbury Schweppes has appointed a former Coors board member as the chairman of its US soft drinks unit.
The company, which today (19 February) posted a 4% lift in full-year underlying profit, said that Wayne Sanders will chair the Dr Pepper Snapple Group division.
The announcement follows the recent confirmation that Sir John Sunderland will retire as Cadbury Schweppes' chairman in mid-2008, as the company demerges into Cadbury plc and DPSG.
Sanders joins the company having spent 28 years at Kimberley Clark. For 11 of those 28 years, he was chairman of the firm before retiring in 2003. Sanders is currently on the boards of Texas Instruments and Belo, and was also a board member of Adolph Coors Company.
"His (Sanders') familiarity with the demerger process, gained from the recent separation of Belo's newspaper businesses, is highly relevant," said Sunderland. "His experience of, and enthusiasm for, helping businesses grow and enhance shareowner returns will be of great benefit to DPSG as it embarks on a new journey as a focused, US-listed Beverages business."
Sanders said he was "thrilled" to be joining DPSG. "The business has a strong, diverse portfolio of household name brands loved by the consumer with enviable market shares and a unique, integrated business model.
"I am confident it has a bright future for employees and shareowners alike."
Higher prices kept soft drinks revenues afloat at Dr Pepper Snapple (DPSG) in its the second quarter, as the group suffered volume declines across its portfolio....
The runners and riders are lining up to buy Cadbury Schweppes' Australian soft drinks unit, should it be put up for sale....
Kirin, the Japanese drinks firm, has said it intends to expand its soft drinks division overseas, but declined to comment on speculation that it has shown interest in Cadbury Schweppes' Australian dri...
Brick Brewing Co has renewed its contract with Canada Dry Mott's to manufacture, package and represent Mott's Clamato Original and Extra Spicy Caesar beverages in Canada....
Speculation is growing that Cadbury Schweppes intends to sell its Australian soft drinks arm, after it announced a review of the business this week....
Dr Pepper is joining forces with actor Kelsey Grammer and basketball player Julius Ervin in a new advertising campaign in the US....
Dr Pepper Snapple Group has acquired a minority stake in Hydrive Energy in the US....
The CEO of Foster's Group is set to leave the Australian company today (21 July)....
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 sales performance by region - Focus
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends