UK: Cadbury Schweppes Acquires Australia's Spring Valley Juice Brand And Wave Flavoured Milk
Spring Valley Juice has an approximately 27% share of Australian single serve juices in the "route" (convenience) segment. Created in 1955, it has a premium brand positioning and is available in 20 innovative flavours. The Wave brand has established a 5% market share in the flavoured milk segment (a category growing at 7%) since launching in April 1999 and benefits from Bonlac's recent investment in state-of-the art technology.
Commenting on the acquisition, John Brock, Chief Operating Officer of Cadbury Schweppes, said, "This acquisition builds further on our strong beverages business in Australia through the addition of a leading premium juice brand and a high quality flavoured milk brand. Spring Valley and Wave will also benefit from access to our more powerful distribution system."
The transaction is a brand purchase and therefore the existing premises, contracts, production facilities and employees remain with Bonlac Foods Ltd.
The transaction is conditional on completion of due diligence, finalisation of contracts and the obtaining of any necessary regulatory approvals. It is expected to be completed by the end of the year.
Companies: Cadbury Schweppes
Cadbury-Schweppes has insisted that the disposal of its European soft drinks businesses is not indicative of a move away from soft drinks, but analysts see the group focusing increasingly on confectio...
Cadbury Schweppes has agreed to sell its European beverages business....
PepsiCo has refused to comment on reports linking the company with a bid for Cadbury Schweppes' soft drink business....
The European arm of drinks group Cadbury Schweppes is expected to be sold next month for around GBP1.1bn ($1.9bn), according to press reports....
UK-based soft drinks to sweets group Cadbury Schweppes has issued a trading update ahead of an investor seminar to be held in Dallas, Texas on 10 and 11 October....
Cadbury Schweppes is moving ever closer to selling off its European soft drinks business, according to German press reports....
Rumours are circling that Cadbury Schweppes' soft drinks business may be merged with Britvic....
Cadbury Schweppes Americas brand Mott's has announced a new line of fortified beverages....
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research