UK: Cadbury rejects European drinks sale report
The UK-based confectionary and soft drink group Cadbury Schweppes has denied a report saying it was in talks to sell off its European beverage operations.
The company was responding to a story in a UK Sunday newspaper, which claimed Cadbury was considering a sale of the soft drink division, which could generate as much as GBP750m. The report said private equity firms had been in touch with the owner of Orangina and Cadbury was looking to use proceeds form a sales to reduce borrowing.
But Cadbury denied the report, saying: "We absolutely have not been in any discussions with any firm about any part of our business." A spokeswoman said Cadbury was concentrating on "top line growth and paying down our debt".
Cadbury-Schweppes has insisted that the disposal of its European soft drinks businesses is not indicative of a move away from soft drinks, but analysts see the group focusing increasingly on confectio...
Population growth in developing markets and the overall demand for healthier products are key factors offering growth for the juices and nectars category, according to a report recently published by j...
Cadbury Schweppes has agreed to sell its European beverages business....
PepsiCo has refused to comment on reports linking the company with a bid for Cadbury Schweppes' soft drink business....
The European arm of drinks group Cadbury Schweppes is expected to be sold next month for around GBP1.1bn ($1.9bn), according to press reports....
UK-based soft drinks to sweets group Cadbury Schweppes has issued a trading update ahead of an investor seminar to be held in Dallas, Texas on 10 and 11 October....
Cadbury Schweppes is moving ever closer to selling off its European soft drinks business, according to German press reports....
Rumours are circling that Cadbury Schweppes' soft drinks business may be merged with Britvic....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Baijius brand value overtakes whisk(e)y - figures
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends