UK: Cadbury rejects European drinks sale report
The UK-based confectionary and soft drink group Cadbury Schweppes has denied a report saying it was in talks to sell off its European beverage operations.
The company was responding to a story in a UK Sunday newspaper, which claimed Cadbury was considering a sale of the soft drink division, which could generate as much as GBP750m. The report said private equity firms had been in touch with the owner of Orangina and Cadbury was looking to use proceeds form a sales to reduce borrowing.
But Cadbury denied the report, saying: "We absolutely have not been in any discussions with any firm about any part of our business." A spokeswoman said Cadbury was concentrating on "top line growth and paying down our debt".
Cadbury-Schweppes has insisted that the disposal of its European soft drinks businesses is not indicative of a move away from soft drinks, but analysts see the group focusing increasingly on confectio...
Population growth in developing markets and the overall demand for healthier products are key factors offering growth for the juices and nectars category, according to a report recently published by j...
Cadbury Schweppes has agreed to sell its European beverages business....
PepsiCo has refused to comment on reports linking the company with a bid for Cadbury Schweppes' soft drink business....
The European arm of drinks group Cadbury Schweppes is expected to be sold next month for around GBP1.1bn ($1.9bn), according to press reports....
UK-based soft drinks to sweets group Cadbury Schweppes has issued a trading update ahead of an investor seminar to be held in Dallas, Texas on 10 and 11 October....
Cadbury Schweppes is moving ever closer to selling off its European soft drinks business, according to German press reports....
Rumours are circling that Cadbury Schweppes' soft drinks business may be merged with Britvic....
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer