US: Cadbury may respond to mid-calorie rivals
The UK-based soft drinks and confectionary producer Cadbury Schweppes, which owns the Dr Pepper/Seven Up business, has said it is monitoring the success of the mid-calorie CSD launches from Coke and Pepsi as it decides on its own strategy in this new segment.
Speaking at the Beverage Digest conference in New York yesterday Mike McGrath, president of sales for Cadbury's Americas beverages unit said the company will "be prepared to move" if mid-carb sodas are a hit.
Coca-Cola is launching C2 - a mid calorie version of Coca-Cola - this month. PepsiCo, meanwhile will roll out at about the same time its mid calorie version of Pepsi Cola - PepsiEdge.
The drinks are a response to increasing concerns that carbonated soft drinks are a direct contributor to obesity.
A recent report on the UK soft drinks market showed that growth in non-carbonates at the expense of traditional carbonated soft drinks is much less marked in the on-premise sector than in the take-hom...
Rumours are circling that Cadbury Schweppes' soft drinks business may be merged with Britvic....
Pepsi has launched a new 50cl silver-coloured bottle for its Pepsi light soft drink as part of a major advertising campaign to roll out this summer in Spain....
Cadbury Schweppes has appointed a new director to its board....
PepsiCo's president and CFO, Indra Nooyi, has been forced to apologise for remarks she made whilst speaking to the 2005 graduating class of Columbia University's Business School in New York City last ...
Cadbury Schweppes has issued a positive trading statement....
PepsiCo has confirmed that it is to drop its low-calorie drink Pepsi Edge....
PepsiCo is rolling out a lime version of its Pepsi and Diet Pepsi brands....
- Scotch's Slipping Crown: Convenient for Diageo?
- Comment - Has Scotch Whisky Jumped the Shark?
- Can Beer Learn from Keurig and Nespresso?
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q3 & YTD
- C&C Group 'puzzled' by Spirit Pub Co rejection
- Diageo partner Beckham turned down Beck's deal
- Whisky downturn slows Diageo's Scotch spend
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- EXCLUSIVE - Mast-Jaegermeister, TWE join watchdog
- Beam Suntory to roll out "Scotch-infused" Bourbon
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Wine in the United Kingdom
- Spirit Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts