US: Cadbury may respond to mid-calorie rivals
The UK-based soft drinks and confectionary producer Cadbury Schweppes, which owns the Dr Pepper/Seven Up business, has said it is monitoring the success of the mid-calorie CSD launches from Coke and Pepsi as it decides on its own strategy in this new segment.
Speaking at the Beverage Digest conference in New York yesterday Mike McGrath, president of sales for Cadbury's Americas beverages unit said the company will "be prepared to move" if mid-carb sodas are a hit.
Coca-Cola is launching C2 - a mid calorie version of Coca-Cola - this month. PepsiCo, meanwhile will roll out at about the same time its mid calorie version of Pepsi Cola - PepsiEdge.
The drinks are a response to increasing concerns that carbonated soft drinks are a direct contributor to obesity.
A recent report on the UK soft drinks market showed that growth in non-carbonates at the expense of traditional carbonated soft drinks is much less marked in the on-premise sector than in the take-hom...
Rumours are circling that Cadbury Schweppes' soft drinks business may be merged with Britvic....
Pepsi has launched a new 50cl silver-coloured bottle for its Pepsi light soft drink as part of a major advertising campaign to roll out this summer in Spain....
Cadbury Schweppes has appointed a new director to its board....
PepsiCo's president and CFO, Indra Nooyi, has been forced to apologise for remarks she made whilst speaking to the 2005 graduating class of Columbia University's Business School in New York City last ...
Cadbury Schweppes has issued a positive trading statement....
PepsiCo has confirmed that it is to drop its low-calorie drink Pepsi Edge....
PepsiCo is rolling out a lime version of its Pepsi and Diet Pepsi brands....
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- Remy Cointreau's YTD performance - Focus
- Remy Cointreau's bellwether Q3 - analysis
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- AB InBev targets South Africa with redundancy plan
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater 24 packaging revamp
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends