US: Cadbury launches fortified 7 UP
Cadbury-Schweppes is launching a fortified berry-flavoured version of its 7Up brand in the US.
The company said yesterday that 7 UP PLUS would combine the taste of 7Up with real fruit juice, calcium and vitamin C. It will also be a caffeine free and low calorie drink, with approximately ten calories and two grams of carbohydrates per 8-oz. Serving.
"Many people aren't meeting the recommended levels of calcium and vitamin C," said Lori Lathrop Stern, Ph.D, RD, senior nutrition scientist, Cadbury Schweppes Americas Beverages. "With 7 UP PLUS you have 'bubbles with benefits,' including a delicious taste, a good source of calcium and vitamin C, as well as real fruit juice. It truly is a breakthrough option for women who seek out small ways to enjoy the fun of carbonated beverages but want to make better choices for themselves and their families."
"We are extremely excited about the positive buzz around 7 UP PLUS. The concept for 7 UP PLUS was developed by more than 6,000 consumers. They tell us the product tastes great, and nutritionists say this is exactly the type of beverage many people today are seeking to bring greater balance into their lives," said Randy Gier, Cadbury Schweppes Americas Beverages executive vice president-marketing. "Our research indicates there are times when consumers want their favourite soft drinks with the benefit of nutrients."
The company will roll out a national television ad campaign in October. The spots will feature Regis Philbin and Kelly Ripa from "Live with Regis and Kelly," and Cynthia Nixon and Kristin Davis from "Sex and the City." The launch will also include sampling and couponing, as well as PR activities and a cause-related program.
7 UP PLUS is being rolled out nationwide.
As the US distillers' association, Discus, for the first time in its history publishes its annual report into spirits advertising, which includes complaints against its self-regulatory code, David Rob...
Constellation Brands is interested in some of Allied Domecq's spirits brands, according to reports today (15 April)....
Maxxium Worldwide could come under pressure if Pernod and Fortune's Allied Domecq bid is successful, according to press reports today (14 April)....
It's been a quiet day on the Pernod/Allied Domecq front....
Conflicting reports circulated this weekend over whether Bacardi International is looking to form a counter-bid for Allied Domecq....
Todays press reports into Pernod and Fortune's hopes to buy Allied Domecq warn of possible conflicts and set a date for completion....
Pernod Ricard and Fortune Brands are hoping to buy Allied Domecq for around 670p per share, according to press reports....
LVMH has said it is not looking to buy Mumm Champagne from Allied Domecq....
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part II: Beer & Cider
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018