US: Cadbury extends Mott's range
Cadbury Schweppes Americas Beverages has expanded its range of Mott's apple juices in response to growing demand among women in the US for healthier drinks.
The company said yesterday (22 June) that it had launched two Mott's Plus Light juices in Apple Cranberry and Apple Blueberry flavours. CSAB hopes the products will help women meet their daily vitamin C requirements and regulate their calorie intake.
"Good nutrition can easily fit into a busy lifestyle," said Mott's nutrition consultant, Liz Weiss, MS, RD. "Mott's is now offering great choices for women looking for key nutrients while watching calories and sugar."
Mott's Plus Light has half the calories and sugar of regular 100% apple juice and is fortified with a full day's supply of Vitamin C to support a healthy immune system.
The brands also have 20% Vitamin D and 10% calcium to help maintain strong bones. Naturally fat free and cholesterol free, Mott's Plus Light contains 50% juice and is sweetened with Splenda brand sweetener.
Self-regulatory moves announced by the US soft drinks industry this week have been condemned by advocates of tougher legislation. But, writes Ben Cooper, self-regulation often attracts such criticism ...
US soft drinks group The Switch Beverage Co. has named a former innovation director for Snapple ice teas as its president....
Cadbury Schweppes has warned that "strong progress" from its drinks business in the Americas is being hit by costs in the UK and Nigeria....
The Switch Beverage Company has named Maura Mottolese as president of the carbonated juice firm....
Cadbury Schweppes Americas Beverages (CSAB) has announced the appointment of Andy Bayfield as vice president and general manager of Canadian operations....
Food and drinks companies in the US have pledged to promote the importance of a healthy diet in their advertising to under-12s in the US....
PepsiCo has emerged ahead of Coca-Cola Co. in the US cola stakes, according to the University of Michigan's annual consumer satisfaction index....
Cadbury Schweppes has scrapped its margin growth targets for this year but the company said it would maintain its current forecasts for revenue growth....
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Ethiopia competition to remain "intense" - Diageo
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Scotch Whisky Top 20 Export Markets 2014
- Heineken to cut jobs in global shake-up
- Bacardi bags a Bourbon with Angel's Envy buy
- Bacardi Brown-Forman here to stay
- Moet Hennessy sells Scotch Malt Whisky Society
- Carlsberg takes on Stella Artois in new campaign
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Heineken N.V. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly