US: Cadbury appoints beverages marketing boss
Former YUM! Restaurants international chief marketing officer Randy Gierhas been poached by Cadbury Schweppes to lead its marketing efforts for its Americas beverages division.
Cadbury Schweppes said that it had appointed Gier, 43, as executive vice president marketing. He will be responsible for all aspects of marketing the company's beverage portfolio in the Americas, including Dr Pepper, Snapple, Mott's Apple Juice and Clamato.
His appointment is effective March 22, he will have offices at Plano, Texas, and in the Northeast, and he will report to Gilbert M. Cassagne, Americas Beverages president and CEO.
At YUM! Restaurants International, Gier was responsible for 39 separate marketing departments, as well as the stewardship of the company's five major brands - Pizza Hut, KFC, Taco Bell, Long John Silver's and A&W All-AmericanFood Restaurants.
Previously, he was chief marketing officer for Pizza Hut and KFC in the US, and earlier he was vice president of brand marketing at Frito-Lay, general manager of PepsiCo supermarket foods, brand manager with Pepsi-Cola, and a field manager with Pepsi Bottling Group in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
"Randy's experience, leadership and focus on business objectives will aid us in the development of our future strategic marketing efforts as we continue to bring together brands from the Dr Pepper/Seven Up, Mott's and Snapple portfolios to form a growth-driven total refreshment beverage company," stated Cassagne.
"He's a well-known, well-respected and results-driven manager whose strengths include developing strong marketing teams. He'll be a terrific asset because he knows the beverage business from the customer side, as well as from the supplier side."
A recent report on the UK soft drinks market showed that growth in non-carbonates at the expense of traditional carbonated soft drinks is much less marked in the on-premise sector than in the take-hom...
Pepsi-Co. has been removed from a Syrian blacklist of companies which have dealings with Israel, according to a report in the official Syrian newspaper al-Thawra....
Rumours are circling that Cadbury Schweppes' soft drinks business may be merged with Britvic....
Pepsi has launched a new 50cl silver-coloured bottle for its Pepsi light soft drink as part of a major advertising campaign to roll out this summer in Spain....
Cadbury Schweppes has appointed a new director to its board....
PepsiCo's president and CFO, Indra Nooyi, has been forced to apologise for remarks she made whilst speaking to the 2005 graduating class of Columbia University's Business School in New York City last ...
Cadbury Schweppes has issued a positive trading statement....
PepsiCo has confirmed that it is to drop its low-calorie drink Pepsi Edge....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo rolls out vegan Baileys Almande Almondmilk
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends