UK: Cadbury acquisition given go-ahead by EU
The acquisition of Cadbury Schweppes' European soft drinks business by the private equity groups Blackstone Group and Lion Capital has been given the green light by the European Commission.
In November, Cadbury Schweppes announced the sale of the division to a consortium led by Blackstone Group and Lion Capital for EUR1.85bn (US$2.17bn). The amount, paid in cash, represents approximately 9.5 times the unit's forecast 2005 underlying EBITDA.
The beverage unit's main brands are Schweppes, Orangina, TriNa, Oasis and La Casera, which account for around 75% of sales. Other brands include Apollinaris, Pampryl, Gini and Vida. The business has wholly-owned bottling operations in Germany, Spain, Portugal and Belgium.
Cadbury-Schweppes has insisted that the disposal of its European soft drinks businesses is not indicative of a move away from soft drinks, but analysts see the group focusing increasingly on confectio...
Cadbury Schweppes has agreed to sell its European beverages business....
PepsiCo has refused to comment on reports linking the company with a bid for Cadbury Schweppes' soft drink business....
The European arm of drinks group Cadbury Schweppes is expected to be sold next month for around GBP1.1bn ($1.9bn), according to press reports....
UK-based soft drinks to sweets group Cadbury Schweppes has issued a trading update ahead of an investor seminar to be held in Dallas, Texas on 10 and 11 October....
Cadbury Schweppes is moving ever closer to selling off its European soft drinks business, according to German press reports....
Rumours are circling that Cadbury Schweppes' soft drinks business may be merged with Britvic....
Cadbury Schweppes Americas brand Mott's has announced a new line of fortified beverages....
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- TWE renames Blossom Hill fruit wine range
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- AB InBev launches Budweiser Uber tie-up in UK