JAPAN: C2 sales beat Coke expectations
Sales of Coca-Cola's C2 low-carb drink in Japan have exceeded expectations in the first days on the market, the company said yesterday. Coke has spent tens of millions of dollars to promote the drink in the country.
Speaking to Reuters, Kota Takasugi, a spokesman for Coca-Cola (Japan) Co Ltd, said: "The response has exceeded expectations." Takasugi declined to give specific figures, however.
A spokesman at Seven-Eleven Japan Co Ltd, the nation's largest convenience store chain, told Reuters that reaction to C2 from customers had been favourable so far. "It has been selling extremely well," the spokesman said. "Even compared to other soft drinks launched this year, it has been performing well."
Sectors: Soft drinks
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part V: Wine
- just Five Years Ago - Belvedere Group's Bumpy Ride
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Sustainability in Wine - Part IV
- Campari to bag EUR19m with "non-core" assets sale
- Pernod wins consent for Glenlivet upgrade
- Tequila set for export boost after record 2014
- Pernod agrees Caribe Cooler sale to Grupo Bepensa
- Crimson Wine Group appoints new CEO