JAPAN: C2 sales beat Coke expectations
Sales of Coca-Cola's C2 low-carb drink in Japan have exceeded expectations in the first days on the market, the company said yesterday. Coke has spent tens of millions of dollars to promote the drink in the country.
Speaking to Reuters, Kota Takasugi, a spokesman for Coca-Cola (Japan) Co Ltd, said: "The response has exceeded expectations." Takasugi declined to give specific figures, however.
A spokesman at Seven-Eleven Japan Co Ltd, the nation's largest convenience store chain, told Reuters that reaction to C2 from customers had been favourable so far. "It has been selling extremely well," the spokesman said. "Even compared to other soft drinks launched this year, it has been performing well."
Sectors: Soft drinks
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Comment - Heineken's move for Pivovarna Lasko
- Rémy Cointreau eyes recovery after Q4 bounceback
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Diageo YTD sales come in flat
- Belvedere unveils executive team
- Stock Spirits recruits Drambuie head for MD role