USA: C2, Inc.'s Total Logistic Control Awarded Logistics Contract for Guinness Bass US Business
The new logistic system, developed by Total Logistic Control, re-engineers the entire U.S. distribution of world-renowned Guinness, Bass, Harp and Red Stripe brands marketed in the United States by Guinness Bass Import Company. TLC now provides pier-to-distributor logistics, including inbound warehouse management at multiple ports along the east, west and Gulf coasts, complete order mixing and consolidation, and nationwide line haul and LTL distribution to Guinness distributors.
William T. Donovan, C2 Chairman said, "We are most encouraged with the progress TLC is making in developing its value-added integrated logistics business. The TLC and Guinness Bass Import Company alliance is certainly a milestone in TLC's history. It is a significant opportunity and will drive our continued growth as a leading provider of integrated logistic solutions. Each and every member of the TLC team, through his and her hard work and dedication, has made possible the announcement of this tremendous success story."
In commenting on the selection of Total Logistic Control, Colin Funnell, Vice President of Operations for Guinness Bass Import Company, said, "The Guinness brand is unique in the global beverage market; our logistics goals are equally challenging. Our selection criteria was stringent, our objectives uncompromising, as consistent with the world's leading stout. Total Logistic Control has proven to be a worthy partner in our global pursuit of excellence. We look forward to our mutually beneficial partnership in the United States."
During an extensive test pilot program, the value of the new logistics system was proven. Improved facility and transportation management, greater ordering flexibility, and enhanced order tracking and accountability produced significant benefits for Guinness customers.
C2, Inc. is a Milwaukee-based public company principally engaged in third-party product distribution services and equipment manufacturing. C2 Inc.'s operating units include Total Logistic Control, the nations only third party provider offering a full array of warehousing, transportation and international logistics management across all temperature ranges, both dry and refrigerated-frozen, and Zero Zone, a manufacturer of refrigerated and freezer display cases used in grocery, convenience and drug store chains for retail merchandising of food and other products.
This and other C2, Inc. press releases and additional corporate data can be found at the Company's website at www.c2-inc.com.
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- US wholesalers point to Absolut decline - report
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US
- Carbonates in India