AUSTRALIA: C-C Amatil reassures over impact of Bali bomb blasts
However shares in the company wavered, falling 1.6% to A$5.44 (US$2.97) by 1430 AEST, after earlier hitting an intra-day low of A$5.41 (US$2.95). The concerns have arisen after it became apparent that the bomb had wiped out the businesses of some of the company's customers in Kuta Beach, where they exploded.
However, Wagstaff reassured investors that "Bali is a relatively small proportion of the overall Indonesian business.
"We haven't really speculated on (the financial impact) at this stage, but it's unlikely to be significant. It will have an impact on tourism, but who knows when and where."
In August, Coca-Cola Amatil reported a 21.9% in net profit for its ongoing business to A$94.2m for the half year period to June 28. However, the group's Indonesian operations experienced ongoing trouble, with consumer confidence low.
The division saw a 52.1% fall in earnings before interest and tax before significant items to A$9.3m while sale volumes dropped 16% A$45.8m.
Companies: Coca-Cola Amatil
Coca-Cola Amatil produced decent first-half results but speculation that it may sell some of its international operations and its determination to look beyond the core soft drinks sectors for growth i...
Coca-Cola Enterprises has refused to be drawn on the candidates to replace outgoing president and CEO John Alm....
Coca-Cola Amatil said yesterday (10 August) that it has agreed to purchase the business and assets of the Grinders Coffee Group (Grinders)....
Following a review of its operations, Coca-Cola Amatil has announced its intention to restructure its Asian business activities through the creation of an Asian Beverage Division (CCA Asia)....
Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) has seen its net profits increase 16.8% to A$145.2m in its first half, driven in part by growth of non-carbs and innovation, the company said today (10 August)....
Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) is poised to shake up its Indonesian and South Korean bottling operations, according to an investment bank....
Coca-Cola Amatil is to issue a five-year A$250m (US$192m) domestic debt issue....
SPC Ardmona has signed an agreement with parent company Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) to supply it with apple juice....
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- US craft spirits could be as big as craft beer
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020